Pity me not because the light of day
At close of day no longer walks the sky;
不需要怜悯我,日暮时,天际没有阳光
Pity me not for beauties passed away
From field and thicket as the year goes by;
不需要怜惜我,年华流逝,田地,灌林的美已不在
Pity me not the waning of the moon,
不需要怜悯我,月华不在
Nor that the ebbing tide goes out to sea,
不需要怜悯我,潮终归大海
Nor that a man’s desire is hushed so soon,
And you no longer look with love on me.
不需要怜悯我,虽然你不再看我一眼,热望已退
This have I known always: love is no more
我一直就知道,爱
Than the wide blossom which the wind assails,
Than the great tide that treads the shifting shore,
Strewing fresh wreckage gathered in the gales.
就比花儿受风侵扰,浪儿洗涮海滩,暴风中又有多少船儿遇难
Pity me that the heart is slow to learn
可惜我知道得太晚
What the swift mind beholds at every turn.
这种微妙的心情,只是在每个危难时刻
参考文献:
1.Eugene A. Nida. Language,Culture, and Translating [M].Shanhai Foreign Language Education Press,2001:75
评论